kfw 1.2.6 exports

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 7 12:01:19 EST 2002

>I'm finializing an implementation of lprng clients (lpr, lpq and
>lprm) for the WIN2K platform.  I've run into a problem with kwf
>krb5-1.2.6 final libraries.  Two api's, krb5_read_message and
>krb5_write_message, are no long being exported.  These two api's are
>used by the lprng clients.  Is it possible to get these two api's
>exported.

The Kerberos team has already spoken to the LPRng folks about their
use of these internal functions.  They should have implemented their
own versions.  However, I think the Athena environment uses an older
version of the Kerberos support, so you might not be able to take the
latest LPRng release.

If you can't use the latest release of LPRng, then you should do what
Jeffrey Altman said and use krb5_read_message and krb5_write_message
sources as examples of how to write a do/while loop around BSD socket
calls.

Hope this helps,

--lxs