Import/Export data problem between KDCs

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 1 15:16:01 EST 2002

    Darren> So the dump output can be read, it just cannot be used in
    Darren> this particular case.

    Darren> If you're still concerned about this, I'll provide you
    Darren> with a sample of the data output from kdb5_edit and let me
    Darren> know what you think.  I respect what you're saying here,
    Darren> but I think I miscommunicated the problem - to me it
    Darren> sounds like its not something you particularly care about
    Darren> but I'd like to be sure before dropping it.

I'm certainly concerned, I just don't know that we are likely to get
to it anytime soon.  If it is just a cross-vendor bug then we don't
have  time  to deal with it.

However if we accidentally changed the output of one of the old dump
formats, then it seems somewhat problematic.

Is there anyone around here who has 1.0.6 or 1.1-based code who could
look at a few dumps and tell me if they worked?