We should decide on a better database prop strategy

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon May 20 16:48:01 EDT 2002

It's my understanding that there are at least two implementations of
iprop for MIT Krb5.  There's
http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/kwc/krb5stuff/replication.html.  I believe
that Nico also had some implementation of this, and we were working on
something internally.

There's also Ken's Nubik which would provide floating-master
replication if working.

It seems to me at least that given there are multiple independent
implementations of a solution to the problem we have a fairly clearly
mandate from our users that the status quo sucks.  We should look into
adopting one of these implementations or in some other way fixing the
problem.