Sorry to bother you earlier, I got it fixed.

Austin Gonyou austin at coremetrics.com
Mon Mar 25 17:34:01 EST 2002

Matt,
  Sorry for writing you before..I just figured out what my problem was.

The hostname of the machine I was on, and testing the ssh connections
to/from, was not in the KDC database for that realm.

My hosts file reflected the two names though, since I'm multi-homed. (a
12.x.x.x network and 10.x.x.x network)

Thus, hostname-1, which existed on 12.x.x.x network, and a different
realm, was being read, since it's set with "hostname" during boot, by
sshd.

That said, changing the hostname to match the host associated with the
10.x.x.x network yielded a working and happy sshd.

I'm not sure exactly why sshd was doing that, but I'll figure it out I
supposed. Thanks for not flaming me back! :)

p.s. I'm cc'ing the list just to make sure this is documented there as
well.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA