OS X

Scott McGuire smcguire at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 9 13:06:01 EST 2002

At 12:31 PM -0500 3/9/02, John S. Leyba wrote:
>Hello. We are trying to get Kerberos to function on OS X here at
>Dartmouth. Historically we have used SideCar to authenticate to our
>servers. On OS 9 it just runs in the background, as you know. Almost
>all users have it in their startup items.
>
>I am running 10.1.3 on a G4 dual 500, trying to make this work--I
>work in Academic Computing (in addition to being a student), and we
>want to be able to set up something for everyone, but someone has to
>make it work first...
>
>Anyway, I have installed the Kerberos front end available on your
>page, but it will not let me edit the realm that I am in. (I had
>installed the more complete version first) Is this a lockout because
>of licensing, or just a bug?

There is no lockout due to licensing.

To add realms to the pop-up menu, you have to edit the
edu.mit.Kerberos file, which contains the Kerberos configuration.
There is no GUI for adding realms at this time.  See:

<http://web.mit.edu/macdev/Development/MITKerberos/Common/Documentation/preferences-osx.html>

for all the details.

If you are still having problems after following the documentation,
let us know.

Scott McGuire / smcguire at mit.edu
MIT Information Systems Macintosh Developer