krb5_init_ets on Mac OS X?

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 15 00:46:01 EDT 2002

> debug1: Kerberos password authentication failed: Unknown credential cache type

Based on the phrasing, it sounds like it's the server side trying to
verify a password (instead of using Kerberos authentication for the
ssh connection) and save the credentials in a credentials cache, but
with a type that isn't known to the library.  The 3.2.3p1 code
explicitly uses a "FILE:" type ccache, which is normal for "real" UNIX
systems; I *think* in KfM that type isn't supported at all, which
would explain the error message.  (I don't work on the Mac port, I'm
just guessing from what I see in the sources.)  For the Mac OS X port,
OpenSSH will need to use a "CCAPI:" type cache.

Ken