Help Needed

Nitin Gupta nitin at julysystems.com
Thu Jun 13 10:05:00 EDT 2002

Thanks for the reply.
I have heard about SSPI and its interoperabilty with the GSSAPI's. But
it seems, GSSAPI's are considered as standards while SSPI may be called
as Windows Proprietary.  And since I am not going to use the WinXP KDC
server, I would like to use the GSSAPIs. Actually I need to code for
GSSAPI for pure UNIX systems also, as in, KDC is SEAM(on Sun Solaris)and
other clients may be Windows or Sun machines. And I would like to code
for all of the hetrogeneous clients(unix and Windows machines)in
GSSAPIs. Is that possible ?

And even if there is no windows machine, in that case I have to code
using GSSAPIs anyway. Can I know how to do that? Where to find resource
to use GSSAPI's (if possible using C++ and not java)

Plus, since Kerberose client that is installed on any windows machine is
Microsoft implementation of kerberos. So would it has to be coded using
SSPI?

Regards
Nitin