Is anyone or a group of people able to maintain appl/bsd better than MIT

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 24 13:46:00 EDT 2002

Quoth Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu>:
| If you actually collected the local efforts into a central location, I
| think it would patch some of those holes.  For example, we have one
| version of a Kerberos-based web authentication system, are working on a
| new version, and there are various other similar things out there.  And we
| have a working xlock with Kerberos v4 based authentication and AFS support
| that we'll be migrating to Kerberos v5 (in the form of patches to
| xlockmore).

Look forward to seeing some of that stuff.  We have an FTP proxy
we could chip in - use it for software like "Dreamweaver" web page
authoring, where non-Kerberos FTP support is built in to the product,
on MS Windows.

Kerberos HTTP authentication is the big one, though - and I think
a kerberos.org pushing something could be a big help, even if only
symbolically.

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu