Kermit 95 (incl. KfW) receives Export Control Classification 5D002

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Mon Jul 22 22:28:00 EDT 2002

I just want to take this opportunity to announce that on 11 July 2002,
Columbia University's Kermit Project was granted an export control
classification 5D002 for Kermit 95 including the complete Kerberos for
Windows 2.2 distribution as well as OpenSSL 0.9.7 including support
for AES 256.  As soon as we are able to update our web distribution to
adhere to the requirements of EAR Part 740.17 (a) and (b) we will
begin exporting the product to non-government users in countries
on the ENC exception list.

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer     Kermit 95 2.0 GUI available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University  SSH, Secure Telnet, Secure FTP, HTTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/            Secured with MIT Kerberos, SRP, and
 kermit-support at columbia.edu               OpenSSL.