Using DNS for realm information

Hari Pulapaka pulapaka.hari at sun.com
Tue Jul 16 18:54:19 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the use of DNS for realm lookups.

	hartmans>Especially if we're going to move to cross-realm referals.

Is MIT thinking of using referrals for cross-realm authentication in the future ? If yes then what about the use of use DNS for hostname/domain name to Kerberos realm mapping, will that still be supported ??

Also can somebody give me a pointer, as to where I can find some information regarding the types of attacks that are possible using spoofed DNS records for cross-realm authentication?? I am not very clear on this subject.

Thanks,

Hari.