another public api question

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 16 15:57:01 EDT 2002

> I think we've actually gotten a fairly consistent internal position on
> that.  We've decided that the interface you proposed, and committed is
> a reasonable compromise and that the app_defaults stuff is fine, but
> the raw profile interface is not something we want to expose.

I'm not sure I understand entirely what this implies.  Does this mean
that the separate profile libraries are going to be removed?  For
example, XPPROF32.DLL ?

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      Kermit 95 1.1.21  available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   SSH plus Telnet, FTP and HTTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             secured with Kerberos, SRP, and
 kermit-support at columbia.edu                OpenSSL.