another public api question

Danilo Almeida dalmeida at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 16 14:56:01 EDT 2002

    Jeffrey> krb5_get_profile()

    Jeffrey> This function has been exported for a while.

Oh no...

krb5_get_profile() was never explicitly exported.  The problem was the
(mis) use of KRB5_DLLIMP.  I will go and make sure that gets fixed for
2.2.

Sam> I think we've actually gotten a fairly consistent internal
Sam> position on that.  We've decided that the interface you proposed,
Sam> and committed is a reasonable compromise and that the app_defaults
Sam> stuff is fine, but the raw profile interface is not something we
Sam> want to expose.

We did allow the krb5_get_profile() is part of the API on the Mac, but
we resisted making that available on Windows...especially as we did not
realize it was already accessible on Windows!

Jeffrey, will removing that break widely deployed code?

- Danilo

P.S.: I will be removing all of the extraneous exported stuff, including
      the profile library that is exported from krb5_32.dll.