Please Review Changes to Windows Exports List for krb5 1.2.5 in KfW 2.2

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Mon Apr 15 17:39:01 EDT 2002

I didn't say there was a way to do it today.  I just said that it is
what I want.

What I am trying to avoid is the almost useless error:

  Server not found in realm

when trying to authenticate with the wrong credentials.

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 04:49:05PM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> > What I really want from this API is the realm of the TGT that I must
> > use in order to be able to authenticate to the specified host.  For me
> > this is not a question of the host belonging to more than one realm,
> > but for the client to be able to determine which credentials they
> > require in order to have a shot at succeeding.
>
> How can you programmatically determine which TGT to use as the starting
> point other than by trying each in turn (and caching the results)?
>
> There's no API to discover x-realm trusts other than just trying to get
> x-realm creds. Just because we're used to having x-realm trusts
> specified in krb5.conf doesn't mean we can rely on that, particularly
> given x-realm referrals.
>
> Nico

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      Kermit 95 1.1.21  available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   SSH plus Telnet, FTP and HTTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             secured with Kerberos, SRP, and
 kermit-support at columbia.edu                OpenSSL.