Was there a bug fixed recently wrt as-rep replies over 1500 bytes? most likely related to MS SID stuff?

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 7 18:59:01 EDT 2002

    Neulinger,> I've got a situation with a userid that segfaults
    Neulinger,> older krb5 telnets, but works fine with a build from
    Neulinger,> -current. Only thing odd about him is that the AS_REP
    Neulinger,> for him is quite large compared to other users. (He's
    Neulinger,> in a lot of ADS groups, so I'm assuming the
    Neulinger,> supplementary data that that MS-KDC returns is
    Neulinger,> larger. The segv was in krb5_read_rp I think.

2002-03-14  Sam Hartman  <hartmans at mit.edu>

	* kerberos5.c kerberos.c  (Data): Don't overflow
	buffer. [telnet/1073]

If you look at http://diswww.mit.edu/menelaus.mit.edu/krb5-bugs/3325
you'll see teh bug report in question.

This may be the problem you were seeing.