Looking for a "Kerberos Router"?

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 12:32:18 EDT 2024

> Le 13 mars 2024 à 17:21, Ken Hornstein <kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil> a écrit :
>
> It does occur to me that maybe if you have different KDC hostnames but
> the same IP address you could use TLS SNI or hostname routing which
> you indicated you already use and maybe that would be simpler?  That
> presumes the client implementations set the SNI field (I see that it
> does send a "Host" header, and it looks like MIT Kerberos does set the
> SNI hostname).

This is what I have in mind looking at the documentation of kkdcp (reading as exchanging here). Using SNI to select the KDC.

I will give it a try, it looks like the option I need here.

And yes, all of those complexities would have been avoided by network teams just supporting IPv6 and not blocking random ports for no reasons…