Protocol benchmarking / auditing inquiry

pyllyukko pyllyukko at maimed.org
Thu Feb 29 07:06:38 EST 2024

Ehlo.

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 05:43:47PM +0000, Brent Kimberley via Kerberos wrote:
> Can anyone point me to some methods to benchmark and/or audit Kerberos v5?

A short while ago I submitted a PR[1] for the Lynis project that does
something like that. I also started documenting some of my own Kerberos
hardening stuff here[2].

Disclaimer: I'm quite new to Kerberos, so I might be off with some of
the hardenings, so all additional pointers/corrections are more than
welcome.

[1] https://github.com/CISOfy/lynis/pull/1456
[2] https://github.com/pyllyukko/harden.yml/wiki/Kerberos_hardening_and_maintenance

--