Protocol benchmarking / auditing inquiry

Brent Kimberley Brent.Kimberley at Durham.ca
Wed Feb 14 15:23:41 EST 2024

Minor comment the CIS Benchmark appears to have been written from the system administrator's frame of reference - not the network frame of reference (FoR).
Typically, each frame of reference (FoR) needs to be audited.  Hence the need for automation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher D. Clausen <cclausen at acm.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2024 2:10 PM
To: Brent Kimberley <Brent.Kimberley at Durham.ca>; kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: Re: Protocol benchmarking / auditing inquiry

[You don't often get email from cclausen at acm.org. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

I have used this as a guide, but I think MIT Kerberos version 1.10 is the latest available:
https://www.cisecurity.org/benchmark/mit_kerberos

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

<<CDC

On 2/14/2024 11:46 AM, Brent Kimberley via Kerberos wrote:
> Preferably something smaller and more focused than nmap or OpenSCAP. 😉

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) ONLY AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER ANY RELEVANT PRIVACY LEGISLATION. No rights to any privilege have been waived. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, re-transmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy, taking of action in reliance on or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please notify me by return e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message.