Trouble Accessing API Credential Cache in C++ Kerberos Integration on macOS

Vincent Le Bourlot vlb at starqube.com
Tue Oct 31 06:16:44 EDT 2023

Hi,

I’m working on integrating kerberos authentication to my c++ app. I’m developing on macos where the default credential cache is of type API:.
Initializing a credential cache with KCM: results in a deprecation warning asking to use API: instead. My problem in the c++ app is that I cannot find any way to access the API: cache to use the (valid) credentials that are stored in it. The context is always using the KCM cache.
Specifying the default name before trying the gss_init_sec_context doesn’t help…
If I use the brew version of krb5 (which is MIT instead of Heilmdal-apple I believe?) AND specifying the KCM cache, I manage to correctly initialize the security context. Thus my question: is there a way to use the default cache used by the default kinit on macos when coding with the MIT Kerberos and gss api?
Thank you so much for your help.

Cheers Vincent