appl/simple/client/sim_client.c uses internal APIs

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 04:20:56 EST 2023

The example program uses internal APIs not present in the public header
file (krb5_gen_portaddr, krb5_gen_replay_name; the THIS IS UGLY part).
Are there alternatives part of the public API?

The issue here is that the example code has leaked outside of krb5 to
other projects, and it only builds there because current compilers still
support implicit function declarations.  I would like to give guidance
to the external users, but unfortunately I don't know anything about
Kerberos.

Thanks,
Florian