KRB5_CC_NOMEM error

Serban Panait | eMAG, ERP&BI serban.panait at emag.ro
Thu Apr 6 09:10:50 EDT 2023

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the purpose of this email, but I couldn’t find any information on this elsewhere.
We are using Kerberos MIT on some Windows servers with keytabs, in order to connect to our cloudera Impala server (that uses Kerberos authentication)
We use around 3 principals in the same day on one server and it usually works without issues. But on occasion (twice so far), we get this error message on the Cloudera ODBC:
Error: Connector connect error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Cloudera][KerberosSupport] (0) Error occurred during Kerberos library operation: Internal credentials cache error
Upon accessing the machine locally & opening Kerberos Ticket Manager we get this message
[cid:image002.png at 01D9689F.4F002A80]

From what we could tell, that error is actually:

KRB5_CC_NOMEM
-1765328186L
198
No more memory to allocate (in credentials cache code)

(found here https://www.netmeister.org/blog/krb5-error-codes-table.html )

We fixed it by deleting the krb5cache file & restarted the Kerberos MIT ticket manager, but we would like to know what is causing this issue.

We would appreciate any advice in identifying the cause of this issue and finding a fix for it.
Thank you !

Kind regards / Cu stima,

Șerban Panait
Team Leader BI Core