Query regarding S4U2Self protocol extension

Vipul Mehta vipulmehta.1989 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:09:52 EDT 2021

I have windows server 2012 R2 with all the security updates installed and
did some tests:

Resource Based Constrained Delegation configured for Service A in Service B
account.

Case 1) Service A :  trustedToAuthForDelegation = false and non-empty
msds-AllowedToDelegateTo -> S42U2Self ticket didn't have a forwardable flag
and subsequent S4U2Proxy failed.

Case 2) Service A :  trustedToAuthForDelegation = false and empty
msds-AllowedToDelegateTo -> S42U2Self ticket was forwardable and subsequent
S4U2Proxy passed.

Because ticket signature check has been enabled in KDC in the security
update, now I cannot change the forwardable flag from false to true in
S42U2Self ticket in case 1).

--
Regards,
Vipul