Query regarding S4U2Self protocol extension

Vipul Mehta vipulmehta.1989 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 02:39:47 EDT 2021

Need a clarification:
MIT KDC will set the forwardable flag in S4U2Self ticket in following cases
(provided account is not sensitive and not part of secure group):
1) ok_to_auth_as_delegate is true
or
2) ok_to_auth_as_delegate is false and Service TGT has forwardable flag set

Am I correct here ?

One more thing:
If msDS-AllowedToDelegateTo is non-empty and TrustedToAuthForDelegation is
false then the forwardable flag must be set to false. Isn't this behavior
different between MIT KDC and Windows KDC as MIT KDC does not check
msDS-AllowedToDelegateTo list.

Just copy pasting microsoft doc statement:
"If the TrustedToAuthenticationForDelegation parameter on the Service 1
principal is set to:
TRUE: the KDC MUST set the FORWARDABLE ticket flag ([RFC4120] section 2.6)
in the S4U2self service ticket.
FALSE and ServicesAllowedToSendForwardedTicketsTo is nonempty: the KDC MUST
NOT set the FORWARDABLE ticket flag ([RFC4120] section 2.6) in the S4U2self
service ticket.<18>
If the DelegationNotAllowed parameter on the principal is set, then the KDC
SHOULD NOT set the FORWARDABLE ticket flag ([RFC4120], section 2.6) in the
S4U2self service ticket.<19>"

--
Regards,
Vipul