Kerberos for Windows Logging

Patrick Norman pnorman at janestreet.com
Thu Jan 28 11:59:20 EST 2021

Hey all, I am looking into using Kerberos for Windows in a POC I am doing.
I am having trouble getting logging to work, all other settings in my INI
are working correctly. I have started procmon to check if something is
going on with access and it appears nothing is even attempting to access
the file path I have defined. There are a few examples I have found
through searches, none of them seem to work. I have tried the following
(folder exists), nothing seems to work, any help would be appreciated.

[logging]
 default = FILE:C:\Temp\Logs\MITKerberos\krb5libs.log

[logging]
 default = FILE:"C:\Temp\Logs\MITKerberos\krb5libs.log"

[logging]
 default = C:\Temp\Logs\MITKerberos\krb5libs.log

[logging]
 default = "C:\Temp\Logs\MITKerberos\krb5libs.log"

[logging]
 default = 'C:\Temp\Logs\MITKerberos\krb5libs.log'

Along with some variants of SYSLOG:INFO, though I cannot find a windows
example.

If someone could let me know if logging on Windows is supported it would be
appreciated.
Thank you,
Patrick

Patrick Norman
Jane Street Group | Information Technology
250 Vesey Street  | New York, NY 10281