Is there a "batchable" way to do ktutil list

Dan Mahoney (Gushi) danm at prime.gushi.org
Wed Apr 21 03:56:39 EDT 2021

All,

Dayjob has a puppet fact that, under freeBSD, uses "ktutil list" to get
the kvno of a given host.  This works great because the heimdal kerberos
that's built into freeBSD is what we like to parse.  It takes a -k
argument to specify a keytab file.

Linux is another story.  Under ubuntu, the mit version of ktutil gets
installed, and I can't figure out how to script it easily.  There are no
documented ways to pass an arg, or even to print the version.  (We can
glean it by looking at installed packages).

Is there another command that is more script-friendly?  If not, can
someone share a good way to pass args to the MIT ktutil?

-Dan