crash in krb5kdc

Robbie Harwood rharwood at redhat.com
Fri Apr 2 11:41:15 EDT 2021

Sushmita Bhattacharya <sushmita.bhattacharya at oracle.com> writes:

> Any ideas on this issue ? Is there a specific fix available ? It looks
> like someone reported a similar crash here :
> https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/5633, but there was no fix documented,
> and it got closed as there was insufficient info. Any help will be
> much appreciated.

Hi Sushmita, this is an ipa-kdb problem and so you might have more luck
on the ipa lists.  However, my understanding is that it has to do with
IPA disconnecting from 389ds - libldap basically does `assert(connection
!= NULL;` and that's the crash.  Some attempts to fix it have been made
(like [1]); whether they're complete hasn't been determined yet.

Thanks,
--Robbie

1: https://pagure.io/freeipa/c/95822c7953ea9f64976908bfd901450bf283c74e