Upgrading KDC from 1.15 to 1.18

Yegui Cai caiyegui at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:36:54 EDT 2020

Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well in this especially tough time.

I am trying to upgrade KDC form 1.15 to 1.18. The instruction I follow is
https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.5/krb5-1.5.4/doc/krb5-install/Upgrading-Existing-Kerberos-V5-Installations.html

I was trying to find more recent instruction. Unfortunately, not much luck
so far. The procedure failed when I am trying to restore the data. In
particular, it failed at "kdb5_util load -update old-kdb-dump.ov" and the
error message is "kdb5_util: dump header bad in old-kdb-dump.ov". Can
someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance and best regards!
Yegui Cai