krb5-18.2: MDB_BAD_RSLOT: Invalid reuse of reader locktable slot

rachit chokshi rachitchokshi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 04:53:36 EDT 2020

Hello,
I was trying out the latest release hoping to reap the benefits of LMDB for
our systems. However each time I start krb5kdc and kadmin processes
separately (one after another/at a different point in time) I see below in
krb5kdc logs.

*LMDB read failure (path: /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/principal.mdb):
MDB_BAD_RSLOT: Invalid reuse of reader locktable slot*

This problem goes away when i restart both services at the same time by
doing "*systemctl restart kadmin krb5kdc*". However if any of them is
individually restarted later, the above error starts showing up again.

i can post my conf files but this is a vanilla setup with only the "
*[dbmodules]"* section added to *kdc.conf*, rest all is default. The distro
I am using is fedora rawhide.

If anybody has seen this, pointers in the correct direction are greatly
appreciated. TIA :)

Regards,
Rachit