kprop: Decrypt integrity check failed while getting initial credentials

Laura Smith n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp at protonmail.ch
Sun May 19 05:05:28 EDT 2019

Hi,

I am getting the somewhat obscure error message "kprop: Decrypt integrity check failed while getting initial credentials" when attempting to setup a slave.

I have followed the instructions in the docs to the letter.

I am aware of a previous posting to the list (http://kerberos.996246.n3.nabble.com/Decrypt-integrity-check-failed-td14510.html) which suggested that keytab key version mismatches were to blame.   However ktadd on my system apppears to increment the relevant key versions each time you call it (the docs seem to suggest this is expected).   So in order to comply with the purported key version, I scp'd the keytab from master to slave.  But that made no difference.

I have also noted that "tcpdump -npi eth0 dst port 754" on the slave shows no traffic being sent when kprop is called on the master ?  So it seems this "decrypt integrity check" thing is something local on the master ?

I'm dazed and confused !

Laura