kdc.conf

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Fri Mar 22 11:54:24 EDT 2019

On 3/22/19 5:53 AM, Ivan wrote:
> [kdcdefaults]
>      kdc_listen = 203.0.113.1:88
>      kdc_tcp_listen = ""

This looks right.  I just tried identical options (using my own IP
address) in a test setup and it worked for me.

> but these options are ignored:

Where is your kdc.conf file, and can you verify that krb5kdc is reading
it?  The default location of kdc.conf is in the KDC data directory
(typically /var/krb5kdc), and you can explicitly set it with the
KRB5_KDC_PROFILE environment variable.

Also check that you don't have stray kdc[_tcp]_listen or kdc[_tcp]_ports
options in a [realms] section which might be overriding the
[kdcdefaults] options, either in kdc.conf or krb5.conf.