non-POSIX use in yacc with getdate.y

Osipov, Michael michael.osipov at siemens.com
Wed Sep 26 08:25:51 EDT 2018

https://github.com/krb5/krb5/commit/28fd0a934cdc7b3b42ce213c6d334d4edf1ab591#diff-db7f4e6f3883dd26b97f7b3e10697846R180.

 > That was part of a series of changes to eliminate all warnings in build
 > under clang (gcc still issues some warnings).  I didn't notice at the
 > time that we were using an extension in a nominally yacc-compatible
 > grammar.

Me neither on RHEL or FreeBSD, but this man page [1] clearly describes
it as extension.

 > Aside from the options you listed, we could check the bison output into
 > the tree like we do with lib/krb5/krb/x-deltat.y.  But we might just
 > revert the commit and live with the warning.  That warning shouldn't
 > cause an error in a -Werror build since it isn't coming from the
compiler.
I check the x-deltat.y and do not fully understand what you mean by
 > ..we could check the bison output into the tree..

The won't affect the compilation since only the generated file is
process by CC.

[1]
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=yacc&sourceid=opensearch#EXTENSIONS

Michael