LDAP user name in notional letters

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Fri Mar 30 13:17:34 EDT 2018

On 03/30/2018 08:39 AM, Dmitri Matveev wrote:> One of our MS domainshas
user accounts, which are entered by Russian letters. Does the
kerberoslibrary support such LDAP accounts? We use the mit Kerberos
 library for SSO for SAP ABAP APP server and the password-free login for
suchaccounts does not work. The number of usersentered in MS AD with
Russian characters is large and colleagues ask whether itis possible to
avoid the re-creation of accounts in Latin letters.

If I understand correctly, the KDC is running Active Directory and the
client is running MIT krb5.  I don't have personal experience with this
scenario, but I would expect it to work if the client principal name is
encoded in UTF-8.  If it is not working for you, more details might help
to determine the specific problem.