MIT Kerberos for Windows failing with Windows 10 update 1803?

Ruurd Beerstra ruurdb at wxs.nl
Mon Jun 18 12:25:00 EDT 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.
The first screenshot showed a popup from  MIT Kerberos (Title "Kerberos
Five") saying:
Matching credential not found. Kerberos error -1765328243.
krb5_get_renewed_creds() failed.

The 2nd was the ticket manager showing just my TGT and nothing else.

I probably should have mentioned I tried setting the ccache type to
"FILE", and that didn't work either.
I tried "API" just now (didn't know that one), the ticket manager shows
"API: Initial default ccache" in its "Credential cache" column.
But no joy: IVT and Putty both fail to use GSSAPI, and IVT also fails on
Kerberized telnet.
Tried reboot of my workstation: No change.

Both IVT and Putty cause the ticket-manager to pop up to obtain new
credentials, because they do not see my TGT (and so allow me to obtain
one).
The AllowTGTSessionKey is set in the registry, value 1.

A quick search on Credential Guard says: The Windows Defender Credential
Guard prevents these attacks by protecting NTLM password hashes,
Kerberos Ticket Granting Tickets, and credentials stored by applications
as domain credentials.

And that sounds like exactly my problem. I can't find any way to turn
that protection  off.
I don't understand why a FILE: or API: based ccache would be affected by
this Credential Guard, but I can't get any GSSAPI or Kerberized telnet
session to work anymore.
And up until recently (I have automated regression tests fror IVT) that
was not a problem.

Bedtime here now, maybe more tomorrow,

     Thanks again,
     Ruurd