Question about TGT forwarding

Jason Edgecombe jwedgeco at uncc.edu
Wed Jun 6 17:08:19 EDT 2018

Hi Jeffrey,

All of the Windows 10 and RHEL7/CentOS7 machines are domain joined. All
user accounts are domain accounts. The ssh client on windows is putty 0.70.
GSSAPI authantication and credential delegation are enabled in the putty
settings and the GSSAPI library order preference is MIT, Microsoft, then
user-specified (none). No  3rd-party Kerberos libraries or tools are
installed on the Win10 machines. It's purely the Microsoft native Kerberos
implementation. MIT Kerberos and Heimdal are not in the mix at all.

Running "klist" when logged on to Windows 10 with my domain account shows
the following flags for my krbtgt/DOMAIN entry:

Ticket Flags 0x60a10000 -> forwardable forwarded renewable pre_authent
name_canonicalize

As an extra data point, This might have started changing behavior after the
Linux machines were upgraded from Centos/RHEL 7.4 to 7.5.

I'm going to play around with the Credential delegation settings on the
machine account in AD and see how well that works.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Edgecombe | Linux Administrator
UNC Charlotte | The William States Lee College of Engineering
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
Phone: 704-687-1943
jwedgeco at uncc.edu | http://engr.uncc.edu |  Facebook
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone at
704-687-1943.  Thank you.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman at secure-endpoints.com