Different realms

Robbie Harwood rharwood at redhat.com
Sun Jan 28 07:41:02 EST 2018

"Imanuel Greenfeld" <imanuel.greenfeld1 at ntlworld.com> writes:

> public void doWithKeytabFile() {
>     KerberosRestTemplate restTemplate =
>             new KerberosRestTemplate("/tmp/user2.keytab",
> "user2 at EXAMPLE.ORG");
>     restTemplate.getForObject("http://neo.example.org:8080/hello",
> String.class);
> }
>
> As you can see the HTTP request just has one "endpoint" so the keytab needs
> to be part of it.
>
> But in C++ I cannot find a way how to achieve the same - in other words,
> once I have the keytab in the code, and I separately build the HTTP request,
> how do I incorporate that keytab to that HTTP request ?

The keytab isn't part of the request.  The *credential*, which is
derived from the keytab, is part of the request.

> I can only change the client code - the server code is not available to me.
>
> Once again, I'm trying to find C/C++ good example.

You'll most likely need to write it yourself, which is why I linked you
the requests-gssapi version.  I'm not sure anyone's done the client side
of this from C, other than curl [1].  I don't find that easier to read
than the python, but I'm of course biased.

Thanks,
--Robbie

1: https://github.com/curl/curl