Fwd: Authentication issues using cyrus-sasl from librdkafka on CentOSVM with Kerberos

Marcel Gutsche mail at marcelgutsche.de
Fri Jan 12 11:42:16 EST 2018

Hi,

I have a hard time troubleshooting an error. I posted the issue
already here (https://github.com/edenhill/librdkafka/issues/1630) and
here (https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-sasl/issues/501), but to no
avail.

In short:

I try to access a KafkaServer which uses Kerberos for authentication.
The setup librdkafka works from my local machine running Ubuntu 16.04.
It also works from my CentOS VM, when I use the java application (not
librdkafka) for contacting the Kafka Server.  It does not work when I
try to use librdkafka from frm the VM. Details and logs can be found
in the link above. Maybe you have any idea for troubleshooting?

Kind regards,

Marcel