krb5 1.16 on FreeBSD, multi realms

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Tue Aug 21 02:11:26 EDT 2018

On 08/20/2018 08:09 PM, Cory Albrecht wrote:
> Oh for crying out loud! Why is the config file located in the local state
> dir for instead of in the local sysconfig dir?!?

I believe that decision was made in 1995, well before my involvement in
the project.  I can't find any discussion of the choice in what was then
the development list.  Changing that decision now would not be easy.

You do have the option of putting everything in /etc/krb5.conf and not
having a kdc.conf; the two files are both read by KDC-ish programs and
merged together.