powershell calling cpw - white space in password problem

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Thu Oct 12 01:01:44 EDT 2017

On 10/11/2017 05:36 PM, Ramaiah, Vanna G. wrote:
> I have a non-interactive powershell that changes password using cpw. It works fine. When the password contain white space character in it, it fails because it sees white space as delimiter.

kadmin -q 'cpw -pw "a b" user' works for me; I'm not certain why it
isn't working for you.

In MIT krb5 1.14 and later, you can also omit the -q option and just write:

  kadmin -p AdminAccount/admin -w AdminPassword cpw -pw "a b" user

This form bypasses the internal word-splitting logic and lets you
specify each word of the command as a separate argument value.