PID file ... not readable (yet?)

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Mon Nov 6 04:27:30 EST 2017

Quoting Greg Hudson <ghudson at mit.edu>:

> On 11/05/2017 05:36 AM, Jaap Winius wrote:
>>    systemd[1]: krb5-kdc.service: PID file /run/krb5-kdc.pid \
>>      not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory
>
> Does everything seem to work aside from this warning message being
> produced, or is there an accompanying problem?

The accompanying problem is that the OpenLDAP consumer backend
database I'm using is not able to replicate with its provider due to a
Kerberos authentication problem (IIRC it attempts to authenticate as
localhost at EXAMPLE.COM). I thought that there might be a small chance
these issues are related.

And again, this problem affects Debian stretch, but not jessie, which
also uses systemd.

Cheers,

Jaap