Kerberos on Mac

Matt Darwin mattdarwin at gmail.com
Mon May 15 06:43:45 EDT 2017

Hi Glenn, Greg,

Thanks for your input.

I’ve now done some debugging with Wireshark and found what I believe to be
the smoking gun:

So it looks like the client is sending

oc-10-252-134-51.nat-ucfc2z3b.usdv1.mycloud.com

as the SnameString (presumably the SPN), when it should be sending:

d59407.ddapoc.ucfc2z3b.usdv1.mycloud.com

I’ve updated the ticket with the details:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43685086

So question is, how do I persuade the JVM built-in kerberos client to
change the way it looks up server hosts?  Or is there genuinely a DNS
change required?

Bear in mind I have the following /etc/hosts entry:
10.252.134.51  d59407.ddapoc.ucfc2z3b.usdv1.mycloud.com

Thanks,

Matt