Local realm referral failed; trying fallback realm HADOOP.COM

Todd Grayson tgrayson at cloudera.com
Sat Jun 17 15:40:18 EDT 2017

You need to make sure you have a [domain_realm] mapping for each DNS domain
name to REALM.  When the dns to REALM maping is not present, kerberos falls
back to attempting to map the KERBEROS REALM in question to the lowercase
form of its name as a DNS domain.  This is described in detail, here.

https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.12/doc/admin/conf_files/krb5_conf.html#domain-realm

1) Cross realm ticket request
2) (see explanation & link above)
3) (see explanation above)

You also need to make sure that within your HDFS configuration you are
configuring any additional "Trusted Kerberos REALMS) so that the
auth_to_local rules are constructed properly.

Todd Grayson
Business Operations Manager
Customer Operations Engineering
Security SME