wrong key is generated by krb5_c_string_to_key

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at mit.edu
Sun Jun 11 22:06:05 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 11:55:23PM -0700, Ashi1986 wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>
> >>If so, you might try to apply manually the diff from the commit that
> >>Robbie mentioned already.
> I am new to open source, can you please share the link from where I can get
> the commit sources.

Sorry for the slow response.

You should be able to save
https://github.com/krb5/krb5/commit/89ce6420832858950271858e7c6e1a2eefebc683.diff
to a file in order to have the patch locally.

What to do with it then depends on how you are currently getting
your kerberos software.  If you are using an OS supplied version (as
from Fedora or Debian), then you would need to download the source
package from that distribution (instead of the binary package you
are currently using), and use that distro's package-building
workflow to apply the extra patch and produce binary packages
containing it (that can then be manually installed).  If, on the
other hand, you are currently compiling kerberos from source, then
you can use the patch(1) utility to apply the downloaded patch and
rebuild quickly.

But more details for any of those methods are probably out of scope
for this mailing list; your OS should have various forums for
support (if you're using OS packages), or there are general
references for building software online.

-Ben