Is a keytab file encrypted?

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 21 16:30:18 EDT 2017

My approach is simpler:

* A kerberized service where the user registers that they want to be able to do cron jobs on a given machine.
* A kerberized pam module that calls the same service and gets back credentials, locked to the IP address, and at least by default not forwardable.

The pam module authenticates using the system keytable.

This may not be quite as good as a TPM, because it depends upon the integrity of the system key table. But the service checks the IP address, so my host credential is host/FOO, a lookup of FOO has to produce the IP address the request came from. That seems pretty close. I’ll look into TPM, to see if that could somehow be used.