krb5 problems with linux environment

Robbie Harwood rharwood at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 12:59:17 EST 2017

hanwangyige <hanwangyige at 163.com> writes:

> I installed the kerberos v5 on my computer with the operating system
> of redhat Enterprise Linux server 5.3. I captured the kerberos AS-REQ
> package using wireshark, but the padata in AS-REQ showed
> 'Unknown:149'. However, when I tryied to install it on a computer with
> the operating system of windows server 2003, the padata in AS-REQ
> showed 'PA-ENC-TIMESTAMP PA-PAC-REQUEST'. What should I do if the
> kerberos AS-REQ package in Linux in incorrect?

Hello,

Since you're using Red Hat Enterprise Linux, you have (or had) a support
contract with us.  You will have better luck escalating RHEL 5 issues
through there because the version of krb5 in RHEL 5 is from 2007.

More generally, I would recommend a newer version of the operating
system before doing anything else.  The latest version of RHEL 5 is
version 5.11, and if you're deploying new software, I would suggest
using RHEL 7 instead.  But again, you should talk to our support.

Thanks,
--Robbie

Kerberos maintainer
Red Hat, Inc.