bug reporting

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Wed Apr 19 13:16:25 EDT 2017

[This discussion might be more appropriate for krbdev at mit.edu as it
pertains to MIT krb5 development, but I will answer here.]

On 04/19/2017 08:14 AM, Richard Silverman wrote:
> I see that there are recent pull requests on the GitHub mirror for MIT Kerberos (https://github.com/krb5/krb5). Do you prefer to receive bug reports accompanied by proposed patches there, or still in RT via krb5-bugs at mit.edu?

github is our preferred avenue for patches, while krb5-bugs at mit.edu is
still our preferred avenue for big reports.  Ordinarily if you have both
in hand, it's fine to start with a github PR and we will create the bug
ticket retroactively with the commit.  But in the specific case of your
recently submitted bug report (#8579), I think some careful analysis of
the bug will be required before we know the appropriate design for the
fix, so a PR might be premature.