elliptic curve pkinit?

Bob McElrath bob at vidaidentity.com
Mon Apr 3 11:24:01 EDT 2017

We are using MIT Kerberos with PKINIT using certificates using the secp256k1 curve.  It works fine.  I believe the certificates can be signed with any elliptic curve that openssl knows how to verify.

Internally the MIT implementation uses ephemeral Diffie-Hellman on RSA.  Perhaps that is what Greg meant with his "no" answer?