stale credential issue

Sean Garrett SEAN.GARRETT at asu.edu
Tue Mar 8 15:15:50 EST 2016

1. Windows app RDP servers, so a client so to speak. MIT krb5.
2. Followed the instructions at MIT site for configuration of windows pass-thru authentication (native ~LSA, see snip from "old" documentation below).
3. Yea, from reading I have done it seems that: it is what it is   ;-(

<SNIP> A user is able to logon to Windows using the Kerberos LSA if the machine
is part of a Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 Active Directory domain or
if the machine has been configured to authenticate to a non-Microsoft KDC
such as MIT.  The instructions for configuring a Windows 2000 XP
workstation to authenticate to a non-Microsoft KDC are documented
in TechNet somewhere.  In brief:

    Install the Windows 2000 or XP support tools in order to obtain the tools: KSETUP.EXE and KTPASS.EXE.
    Install the Windows 2000 or XP Resource Kit to obtain the tools KERBTRAY.EXE and KLIST.EXE
    Specify the password change service host for the realm with: KSETUP /AddKpasswd <realm> <Kpwdhost>
    Assign the realm of the local machine with: KSETUP /SetRealm <realm> where realm must be all upper case.
    Assign the local machine's password with: KSETUP /SetComputerPassword <Password>
    Map principal names to local accounts with: KSETUP /MapUser <principal> <account>