Login usecase

Todd Grayson tgrayson at cloudera.com
Mon Jul 18 14:05:48 EDT 2016

Aneela,

HDFS supports the use of the \L lowercase "macro".  This is implemented
through the HDFS auth_to_local rules, it can be applied using the
additional rules if within the CDH.   The relationship for kebreros from
hadoop (for a major portion of the platform) traverses the java JGSS
implementation + hadoop security core classes. (Might be the better thread
to shift to if you need deeper discussion?)

This is described in the apache hadoop upstream Jira HADOOP-10556

But I agree discussion the approach on getting agreement on the structure
of username, uppercase/lowercase and group name in general is something to
be having.

Todd Grayson
Business Operations Manager
Customer Operations Engineering