MIT kerberos windows

damien.bayart@bt.com damien.bayart at bt.com
Wed Jul 6 10:36:54 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have a colleague who followed the same procedure as we normally use to install and setup the MIT kerberkos windows client but he gets the following error when he enters his credentials:

Ticket initialization failed.

Kerberos 5: invalid argument (error 22)

I could not find any details about this error.
Could you suggest a cause or a fix for this error?

The procedure we follow on windows 7 64 bits is:

1.       Get the krb5.ini file in "c:\ProgramData\MIT\Kerberos5\"

2.       Set the windows environment variable "KRB5CCNAME" to  "C:\Users\username\krb5cc_username"

3.       Run the MIT Kerberos ticket manager

4.       Get ticket / enter the principal and corresponding password

Thanks
Damien