Even following kerberos5.1-14's installing guide, there are two stange problems.

Brandon Allbery ballbery at sinenomine.net
Wed Jan 13 13:58:04 EST 2016

Kadmin requires additional setup, the error you got indicates that you did not configure kadm5.acl to specify what principals have what access levels.

It also sounds like you did not configure the keytab on slaves properly.

You should review the exact configuration steps you followed vs. what the install guide actually documents.