kdb5_ldap_util: Unable to find requested database type while setting up lib handle

Tom Parker tparker at cbnco.com
Thu Feb 18 23:57:29 EST 2016

Good evening.

I am trying to set up a new kerberos realm using the ldap plugin and I
am getting the following error when I try to run:

/usr/sbin/kdb5_ldap_util stashsrvpw -f
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/ldap_service_password cn=admin,dc=ls,dc=cbn

kdb5_ldap_util: Unable to find requested database type while setting up
lib handle

As far as I know I have everything installed correctly.

I am using CentOS 7 and have the following rpms installed.

krb5-server-1.13.2-10.el7.x86_64
krb5-libs-1.13.2-10.el7.x86_64
krb5-server-ldap-1.13.2-10.el7.x86_64

The kldap plugin is located as below:

/usr/lib64/libkdb_ldap.so
/usr/lib64/libkdb_ldap.so.1
/usr/lib64/libkdb_ldap.so.1.0
/usr/lib64/krb5/plugins/kdb
/usr/lib64/krb5/plugins/kdb/db2.so
/usr/lib64/krb5/plugins/kdb/kldap.so

Any help getting this to work would be appreciated.